Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What is the Central Standard?

I've been sitting here staring at this empty blog for 2 days, trying to figure out what exactly I should blog about. Myself? Fashion? Plot theories on my favorite tv shows? Gifs? Funny cat pictures? It will probably end up being an amalgamation of all those things. My ultimate goal was/is to create a street style blog that focuses on the Midwest, more specifically Des Moines/Ames/Iowa City, and possibly Omaha. I decided, though, that it's probably best to wait until the weather gets a little warmer. When it comes to Midwest winters, most people dress for function, not fashion. But of course, when I get an idea in my head, I have to act on it now. So for the time being, The Central Standard will serve as a blog about  that amalgamation of things I was talking about earlier. I also bought a domain name to make the blog look more official....so I guess that means I have to commit to blogging about something, right? Actually, I bought 2 domain names....the first one was SoCentralStandard.com. A day later I was driving home from class thinking about it, when "the central standard" popped into my head. THE. Duh, Jessica. "The Central Standard" sounds so much hipper than "So Central Standard". I mean, all the cool bands have "The" at the beginning of their names, so it must be hip. What does it mean? Well, I wanted the name to be Midwest-based, since it's initial purpose was to be a fashion blog about the Midwest. I tried several names (that were all taken), and finally landed on the CST, which of course, is our lovely time zone! And it's kind of a play on words....what is the standard [for fashion/whatever] in the Midwest, aka the Central time zone? Get it? I hope you get it :/

So here it is, my first post! And to stay true to my earlier statement, here is a cute cat gif to send you off! 

No comments:

Post a Comment