Sunday, February 19, 2012

old lady hobbies

One hobby I've recently taken up (and by recently, I mean Christmas '10, for about a month, and then not again until this past holiday season). I'm not amazing at it, but I can do the basic stitches. One problem I have, though, is that I get impatient. Since I started knitting, I've completed 2 scarves, a pouch for my iPod, and a pouch for my headphones. I also have 3 other scarves and a headband that are incomplete. I start one, get bored with it, start another scarf, run out of yarn, start another project, get bored with it, etc.etc. Here are those half-finished projects:

This is my #1 project right now. It's a stockinette stitch & it will be a lovely cowl if I ever finish it.

This will be a headband like this one.

Easy garter stitch scarf. Ran out of yarn, went to the store to buy more but they were out too. So I bought the red yarn and started a new project (the cowl).

Garter stitch scarf I started for my mom around Christmas. It was supposed to be something she could wear to my siblings' basketball games, but by the time I finish, it will probably be baseball season :/ 


Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures of the finished products someday soon!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, these are so cool, I love the colors, I miss knitting, I used to do this when I was younger, it used to relax me :).

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to follow you, from what I've read so far, your blog seems really interesting! I love those floral tights that you're wearing in the Feb. 10th post :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous! I wish I could even knit a scarf :(

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete