Thursday, February 16, 2012

let them eat cake

Food! I love food! You wouldn't know it by looking at me, but I really enjoy some tasty treats. I was spoiled by my mom and my grandma, who are/were amazing cooks. They both tried to pass down their skills to me, but I was always more interested in the eating process. When I'm hungry, I don't want to wait an hour for something to be prepared and cooked, I want it right then and there. I'm not without basic cooking skills, but I wish I would've taken advantage of their tutelage!

Loving [greasy, fatty, bad for you] food also makes me kind of a masochist, because I have an embarrassing, annoying, terrible problem called IBS. For example, I love pizza, but anytime I eat it, I prepare myself for crippling stomach cramps. I won't go into the specifics of IBS...if you're really interested you can Google it. I haven't been able to eat normally or actually enjoy the food I eat since I was 18. Just typing that sentence brings a tear to my eye, because like I said...I love food. Traveling is hell, eating out is tricky, and I'm probably a little malnourished, to be quite honest.

But still, I torture myself by watching the Food Network and looking at pictures of food on Pinterest. Here are a few things that make my mouth water (and my stomach twist):

baked creamy chicken taquitos

buffalo chicken grilled cheese sandwich


roasted garlic chicken pesto pizza

crock pot hawaiian bbq chicken

Had enough? Me too. But not really.

Also, I just realized (days after I originally made this post) that all the recipes I chose are made with chicken. Unintentional, although I do enjoy chicken. 


*click on the pictures to go to their original sources

1 comment:

  1. I have IBS too! Such a bummer! I just don't eat gluten and it's basically cured. But as you said, eating out is such a pain. Sometimes I cave and feel like shit afterwards. Most foods come gluten free now, so that's nice!

    ReplyDelete