Monday, February 13, 2012

Galentine's Day

At one point in my life I loved Valentine's Day. I expected to get something nice from my boyfriend, as movies & tv had led me to believe should happen. That was before I spent 3 years alone. I suppose I wasn't really alone though, because I had my best friend/roommate to be alone with. We spent 3 Valentine's Days (or as Leslie Knope calls it, Galentine's Days) together. This day consisted of going somewhere to get food, going to whatever sappy movie was out at the time (one year it was He's Just Not That Into You), and then taking a trip to Welch Avenue to drink our loneliness away. One time we even puked side by side (in separate stalls, of course) in a bar bathroom. Very romantic. Then my Gal moved away, and I was left wondering what I was going to do once Valentine's Day rolled around. As luck would have it, I found someone to share the day with. We went bowling and then went home to drink some wine and watch a movie. It was really nice.

What's the point of this post? Well, nothing, really. Tomorrow's Valentine's Day, which I kind of forgot about. I didn't buy or plan anything fun for my fella, and I kind of feel bad about it. But I also don't expect anything from him (unlike Valentine's Days in the past). If my Gal still lived here, I'd definitely continue our tradition of going to a movie, regardless of my relationship status. Don't get me wrong, I love my boyfriend very much! But we don't need a holiday to tell us to do something special for one another, because I feel special every time I'm with him (sappy and gross, I know). I guess he may not feel the same though.....so I should probably buy him some flowers or something just in case...

Oh wait! I know what the point of this post is! It's that you don't need a man to have a good Valentine's Day, but if you do happen to have one, that's nice too :)


Me & my Galentine
My & my Valentine




No comments:

Post a Comment