Friday, February 10, 2012

Photogenics 101

I just want to take a minute to talk about the art of being photogenic. This is an art that I have personally never mastered. I consider myself an okay looking person, I've even been told once or twice that I should be a model (which I usually attribute to my thin frame and high cheek bones....I'm definitely not tall or quirky looking or exotic or girl next door pretty). But in photos, I'm a wreck. Sometimes I can pull off a nice smile, but most of the time I'm making a weird face, or my eyes are half-closed, or my posture is that of a hunchback, or my smile is too big, showcasing my ginormous gums. What makes me mad is, some people have the ability to look incredibly cute in a picture, even if they're making a face that on normal people would look hideous. I hate those people! Well, I don't hate them, but I'm so so jealous of them. I want to be one of those people who look adorable in candid photos. I want to be one of those girls that their photography friends ask to be in their photo shoots because they're so amazing at looking good. And then I want to use one of those photos as my Facebook profile photo so everyone can "like" it and comment on how great I look. Is that too much to ask?! Here are some examples of my awkwardness:



Tyra would definitely NOT choose me to be America's Next Top Model, that's for sure. Pretty friends, please teach me how to look good in pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment