Sunday, May 6, 2012

remember postcards?

You know, those things we used to send our loved ones back home when we were on vacation? Although I still enjoy sending them, I feel like they, along with snail mail in general, are dying out. Why send a postcard when you can immediately send a picture of where you are via cell phones and email? Well.....BECAUSE POSTCARDS ARE COOL, OKAY?! And now there's an app that combines your cell phone pictures with a postcard, to create a Postagram! You can access Postagram through any Android or iPhone by downloading the app onto your phone. If you don't have either of those phones, you can even use the website to send cards. You pick a picture, add a message, and voila, Postagram creates and sends it for you! No buying stamps and searching for a mailbox. And it's only 99¢ per card! By sending my first card, I earned 25 credits, which is good for 5 Postagrams. I also earned 1 credit for scanning the QR code at the bottom of the card. There are other ways to earn free credits too, such as inviting friends, or watching the video they have. (If you feel so inclined, you can use my code: http://sincerely.com/u/gqspww to earn us both 5 credits!)


I sent one to myself, just to test it out. They were even nice enough to send me an email (as the sender) telling me when the card was mailed, and then another email telling me it had arrived at the post office of the receiving party and would be delivered in the next day or 2. Pretty swell! 


The final product. Coincidentally, taken with Instagram. What if I sent a Postagram of an Instagram pic of a Postagram with an Instagram pic? INCEPTION.

No comments:

Post a Comment