Thursday, May 3, 2012

budget update!

This update will be brief, as I need to get ready for work in about 20 minutes (yeah, sometimes it takes me longer than 20 minutes to formulate a semi well-written, witty post).

Well, I pretty much failed. I mean, I stayed within the amounts I set for each of the categories I decided on (except for food, which I went over on), and I even stayed under the amount on some categories (like "other necessities"). I used that fact to justify my disgusting shopping addiction. Oh, I need some toilet paper and dish soap? I'll just go to Target! And then find some dress I need, and a purse that I must have, and travel sized products just because they're small and fit in my purse, and oh, season 6 of The Office is on sale! That's basically what happens. Target is evil! When I was dirt poor, I didn't even look at those sections. I kept my blinders on and went straight to what I needed, and then straight to the check out. This month I have to wrangle in my urges to shop needlessly. I should probably set a budget for that kind of stuff. That being said, yesterday I got my tax return, and immediately bought a purse from Zappos and a plane ticket. The plane ticket was kind of a necessity, but the purse was definitely not. But I guess, sometimes you just gotta treat yo self.


No comments:

Post a Comment